Wednesday, December 05, 2007

10 Rules For A Happy Day



1. TODAY I WILL NOT STRIKE BACK...
If someone is rude, if someone is impatient, if someone is unkind, I will not respond in a like manner.

2. TODAY I WILL ASK GOD TO BLESS MY 'ENEMY'...
If I come across someone who treats me harshly or unfairly, I will quietly ask God to bless that individual. I understand "enemy" could be a family member, neighbor, co-worker or stranger.

3. TODAY I WILL BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT I SAY...
I will carefully choose and guard my words being certain that I do not spread gossip.

4. TODAY I WILL GO THE EXTRA MILE...
I will find ways to help share the burden of another person.

5. TODAY I WILL FORGIVE...
I will forgive any hurts or injuries that come my way.

6. TODAY I WILL DO SOMETHING NICE FOR SOMEONE, BUT I WILL DO IT IN SECRET...
I will reach out anonymously and bless the life of another.

7. TODAY I WILL TREAT OTHERS THE WAY I WISH TO BE TREATED...
I will practice the golden rule. "Do unto others as I would have them do unto me" - with EVERYONE I encounter.

8. TODAY I WILL RAISE THE SPIRITS OF SOMEONE WHO IS DISCOURAGED...
My smile, my words, my ex-pression of support, can make the difference to someone who is wrestling with life.

9. TODAY I WILL NURTURE MY BODY...
I will eat only healthy foods. I will thank God for my body.

10. TODAY I WILL GROW SPIRITUALLY...
I will spend more time in prayer today. I will begin reading something spiritual or inspirational; I will find a quiet place (at some point during this day) and listen to God's voice.


With luv and prayers,
Jeffie John Parackal.
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".
Phil 4:13



Bollywood, fun, friendship, sports and more. You name it, we have it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Friend!
Happy New year to you and all your loved ones. God bless you.

IF possible, do give me a clarification on how to follow Point 1 of this post. Often, I've seen, if I don't retaliate in kind to a person who is rude to me, the problem only grows. Politeness doesn't seem to work, and even if I choose to ignore such people it leaves a bad aftertaste and feeling that I've been pushed over, having tolerated that person's unjustified behaviour.

Thank you!
Abhiroop Banerjee